Sunday, March 27, 2022

The Lions of Leningrad Volume 1: I am Chapayev

The Lions of Leningrad Volume 1: I am Chapayev
author: Jean-Claude van Rijckeghem
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.33
book published:
rating: 3
read at: 2022/03/27
date added: 2022/03/27
shelves: graphic-novels
review:
'The Lions of Leningrad: 1. I am Chapayev' by Jean-Claude Van Rijckeghem with art by Thomas Du Caju is a graphic novel about a group of young friends during the siege of Leningrad.

In a framing story that takes place in 1961, a concert hall is attacked by a gunman. It turns out the first chair violin has a history with the gunman and the flashbacks begin. The friends from her childhood come from different backgrounds and experiences, but they play together and even survive together.

The framing story doesn't get resolved in this volume, but does in the second one. I think works better in the complete form, so do yourself that favor. The art is good and I liked the story so far.

I received a review copy of this graphic novel from Europe Comics and NetGalley. Thank you for allowing me to review this graphic novel.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read https://ift.tt/CcbOoX1

No comments:

Post a Comment