Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Elatsoe

Elatsoe
author: Darcie Little Badger
name: Wayne
average rating: 4.13
book published: 2020
rating: 4
read at: 2021/04/06
date added: 2021/04/06
shelves: sword-and-laser
review:
'Elatsoe' by Darcie Little Badger was the March pick for my online book club. It's a YA urban fantasy story.

Elatsoe, or Ellie, can raise dead animals and has a ghost dog named Kirby. She also has an uncle who has recently died, and the uncle has told Elatsoe who his killer was. Now Elatsoe is on a trip to visit family, solve a mystery with her best friend Jay, and look in to an odd town in Texas that shouldn't exist.

I don't like cover blurbs on new books full of superlatives. It makes me feel like I'm reading a book that can't live up to the hype in my mind. But I liked this book and this world, and while it's a standalone, there could be more stories about these characters.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read https://ift.tt/2PXWE4i

No comments:

Post a Comment