Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Light Brigade

The Light Brigade
author: Kameron Hurley
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.95
book published: 2019
rating: 4
read at: 2020/04/18
date added: 2020/04/18
shelves: sword-and-laser
review:
'The Light Brigade' by Kameron Hurley was the March 2020 pick by my book club. Due to current events, I am a bit late to finish this. I dedicate this review to my fellow book club members in Tacoma that couldn't meet this month to discuss this book.

In some near future, we are at war with Mars. To get soldiers to the battlefield quickly, they are turned in to light and sent directly to the front. Dietz is a young soldier eager to fight and avenge the destruction of her city of Sao Paolo, but when she is broken in to light, she sees different things than everyone else. She sees a war that goes on and on, and the death of people she knows in some future time.

I really liked this strange book, and I can see how it got nominated for a Hugo this year. Dietz is a good character and I like how the character is able to puzzle things out in such amazing confusion.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read https://ift.tt/2xINsrA

No comments:

Post a Comment