Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Snow Queen (The Snow Queen Cycle, #1)

The Snow Queen (The Snow Queen Cycle, #1)
author: Joan D. Vinge
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.96
book published: 1980
rating: 4
read at: 2019/12/03
date added: 2019/12/03
shelves: sword-and-laser
review:
'The Snow Queen' by Joan Vinge was the November pick for my book club.

The planet Tiamat is near a black hole and is ruled in cycles by a Winter Queen and a Summer Queen. A young woman named Moon learns she is special and may take over the job of Summer Queen. Her childhood friend, and the boy she loves, Sparks, ends up in the court of the Winter Queen. The book follows the journey of these two characters (and quite a few more).

I initially had a hard time getting in to this book, but as the story progressed, I liked it more and more. The characters were not one note. The story was engaging. I don't think all my questions were answered, but I'm glad I took this journey.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read https://ift.tt/2YiNq2z

No comments:

Post a Comment