Saturday, July 27, 2019

Absolute DC: The New Frontier

Absolute DC: The New Frontier
author: Darwyn Cooke
name: Wayne
average rating: 4.40
book published: 2006
rating: 5
read at: 2019/07/27
date added: 2019/07/27
shelves: graphic-novels, favorites
review:
Darwyn Cooke died much too soon. I became a fan of his a few years prior to his death and instantly fell in love with his style.

'Absolute DC: The New Frontier' is his take on the birth of the Justice League told in a way that couldn't be done at the time. Issues like racism, segregation, and equality in the late 1950s are intermingled with a story that is grand in scope.

The art style has almost a classic animation style from the era. His take on these characters is bright and positive, even as the story has darker moments. Gathering in as many characters of the era and keeping it all interesting is an amazing feat.

I missed out on reading this when it was initially out, but I'm so very glad I read this classic work by someone whose work I so greatly admire. I miss you, Darwyn.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read https://ift.tt/32SBOoW

No comments:

Post a Comment