Sunday, March 3, 2019

The Calculating Stars (Lady Astronaut, #1)

The Calculating Stars (Lady Astronaut, #1)
author: Mary Robinette Kowal
name: Wayne
average rating: 4.17
book published: 2018
rating: 5
read at: 2019/03/03
date added: 2019/03/03
shelves: sword-and-laser
review:
'The Calculating Stars' by Mary Robinette Kowal is about an alternate US history where the space program is accelerated. This was the February pick for my book club, and I loved it.

In 1952, the East Coast of the United States is hit by a meteorite. At first, it's thought to be an attack by Russia, but Elma York and her husband Nathaniel know it means something far worse. First things on Earth are going to get colder. Then things will get very, very hot. This means that plans to start a space program are needed to plan to get off the planet in order to preserve humanity.

Having grown up in the era of the space program, I loved this story. Elma was a character I cheered for, and I loved the relationship she had with her husband. I'm definitely planning on reading the second book in this series.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read https://ift.tt/2NGL34h

No comments:

Post a Comment