Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
author: Gail Carriger
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.91
book published: 2009
rating: 3
read at: 2018/12/04
date added: 2018/12/04
shelves:
review:
'Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1)' by Gail Carriger is a book that was an alternate pick for my book club a few months back. I'd heard good things about the series, so I thought I'd read it.

Alexia Tarabotti is a spinster, but that's not all. Due to an unusual condition, she is able to defang werewolves and vampires with her touch. When she accidentally kills a vampire, she sets in motion a whole series of events that includes secret societies and romance.

It's all fun, and I loved how proper everything kind of felt. I've read a few novels set in this era that just feel off, but the author does a great job with the dress and manners of the time. The romance was perhaps a bit over the top for my taste, but it was a grand adventure, and I'm glad I gave it a shot.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read https://ift.tt/2PgQBBX

No comments:

Post a Comment