Sunday, December 10, 2017

Doomsday Book

Doomsday Book
author: Connie Willis
name: Wayne
average rating: 4.03
book published: 1992
rating: 4
read at: 2017/12/09
date added: 2017/12/09
shelves: sword-and-laser
review:
'Doomsday Book' by Connie Willis was a book that had been on my TBR pile for a while. When my book club picked it, I was happy to finally have an excuse to get to it.

It's a story about time travel, the perils of time travel, and other dire things. The story is set in two timeframes, the world of the Middle Ages, and the modern age of the book, which is sometime in our future, but feels like the late 1980s. I liked the story in the middle ages, but the modern one left me a bit cold at times. There was a lot of tedious minutiae and bureaucracy that seemed overly repetitive.

The book takes a bit to get going, but once it finally does, it's a very good read to the end. This is not a happy book, but it's one I'm glad I read.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://ift.tt/2nMwoeG

No comments:

Post a Comment