Sunday, October 1, 2017

Rappaccini's Daughter

Rappaccini's Daughter
author: Nathaniel Hawthorne
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.93
book published: 1844
rating: 4
read at: 2017/10/01
date added: 2017/10/01
shelves: classics
review:
'Rappaccini's Daughter' by Nathaniel Hawthorne became of interest to me because Beatrice Rappaccini is a character in a book I'm about to read. I found this 48 page novella well worth reading to start my October.

Rappaccini is a strange scientist who has a toxic garden. Along with the garden, he has a beautiful daughter named Beatrice. Giovanni is the new neighbor who is interested in the garden and the beautiful woman inhabiting it. How this all unfolds is magical and frightening.

I really enjoyed this short story. I can't wait to see what the modern author will do with this very intriguing woman and her mad scientist father.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://ift.tt/2g1Fwpp

No comments:

Post a Comment