Sunday, December 4, 2016

Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits

Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits
author: David Wong
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.98
book published: 2015
rating: 2
read at: 2016/12/04
date added: 2016/12/04
shelves: sword-and-laser
review:
'Furturistic Violence and Fancy Suits' is by David Wong. I read 'John Dies at the End' by the same author and really didn't care for it. When it came up as a book club pick, I seriously thought about passing on it, but I ended up reading it and finishing it.

I like the main character, Zoey, who is plucked from her mundane life and put in the sights of killers when she inherits things from her deceased father. She really wants nothing to do with it all, but decides to go along with it, or is coerced. She's reluctant, but not stupid. Her main antagonist is a person named Molech, who keeps describing the horrible ways he is going to kill Zoey and her mother. That got tedious.

So did all the mysogyny, juvenile humor, over the top violence and unexplainable technology. There were characters I liked so I stuck with it. I didn't hate it as much as the other book by the same author. A lot of people seem to like this author, and that's fine. The nice thing about books is that there are a lot of them, and we can all have our favorites.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://ift.tt/2g9fhxR

No comments:

Post a Comment