Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A Tale of Two Cities

A Tale of Two Cities
author: Charles Dickens
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.79
book published: 1859
rating: 3
read at: 2016/12/14
date added: 2016/12/14
shelves: classics
review:
'A Tale of Two Cities' by Charles Dickens is a classic I just finished reading for the first time. I was familiar with the story through movies and Classics Illustrated versions.

I like some classics better than others. I've read a few other Dickens books. The style and characters feel familiar. It felt like it took a while for the story to start moving along. There are three books comprising the novel, and I didn't feel all that engaged with the story until the third book.

It's definitely a book that has it's own rhythm, and it takes a while to get into that rhythm. I'm glad I read it, but if I had to read more Dickens, I'd go for a re-read of Great Expectations.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://ift.tt/2gLtyml

No comments:

Post a Comment