Thursday, September 1, 2016

Long Distance

Long Distance
author: Thom Zahler
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.72
book published: 2015
rating: 4
read at: 2016/09/01
date added: 2016/09/01
shelves: graphic-novels
review:
'Long Distance' by Thom Zahler was a different sort of graphic novel than I would normally read. I liked this bittersweet story.

Carter and Lee meet in an airport during a snowstorm that has them both stranded. He is an artist with his own advertising agency. She is a scientist working at research at a university. They hit it off and fall for each other. The problem is that he lives in Columbus, Ohio and she lives in Chicago, Illinois. A budding romance can take a little long distance, but as the months go on, the challenges mount up. She can't leave Chicago because of her grandma. He can't leave Columbus because of his business and the best friend he runs it with. Will it last, or will it end?

I liked this sweet story. The art leans more towards caricature, and I was less crazy about it, but it fits okay with the story. The story has a few twists and turns, and those kept me interested in finding out what happened.

I received a review copy of this graphic novel from IDW and NetGalley. Thank you for allowing me to review this graphic novel.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://ift.tt/2bXMWu7

No comments:

Post a Comment