Sunday, August 7, 2016

How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe

How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe
author: Charles Yu
name: Wayne
average rating: 3.38
book published: 2010
rating: 4
read at: 2011/01/15
date added: 2016/08/07
shelves: favorites, sword-and-laser
review:
I really give this a 4.5. It started a bit rocky for me, but thanks to positive reviews elsewhere, I stuck it out, and I'm so glad I did.

A brain-bender with occasional quirky humor, this book deals with how we try to relive moments of our lives, even the most painful ones, to the point where we can get stuck in loops of time.

Having gone through some immensely painful changes over the last few years, I could relate to the sadness and the type of pointless journey our protagonist takes.

I found this very thought provoking, very literate, and not at all what I expected it to be.

Thanks to my son Tristan who gave me this book for Christmas.


via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://ift.tt/2aTdHgq

No comments:

Post a Comment