Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

author: Robert Louis Stevenson

name: Wayne

average rating: 3.77

book published: 1886

rating: 4

read at: 2015/02/11

date added: 2015/02/11

shelves: classics

review:

'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde' feels a bit anticlimactic if you know the big 'spoiler' of the novel. Through much of the book, I knew what the big reveal was going to be.



And yet, I found the final section to be gripping and effective. A friend discovers the strange mystery, and a man of science goes too far and reaps the horrific consequences. It's a short, little read, but I enjoyed it.



It even serves as a decent warning to modern day experimentation, and you see it's echoes in modern fiction from the Incredible Hulk to Jurassic Park. I enjoyed it, and I'm glad I took the time to read it.





via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://ift.tt/1DHZSJQ

No comments:

Post a Comment