Friday, May 23, 2014

Doctor Who: The Bog Warrior (Time Trips)

Doctor Who: The Bog Warrior (Time Trips)

author: Cecelia Ahern

name: Wayne

average rating: 2.42

book published: 2014

rating: 2

read at: 2014/05/23

date added: 2014/05/23

shelves:

review:

'Doctor Who: The Bog Warrior' is part of the Time Trips series and finds the Tenth Doctor on the planet Cashel. It's a novella length story with princesses and Bog people. While I have loved a lot of other Doctor Who fiction, this one left me a little flat.



Princess Ash is invited to a masked ball where Prince Zircon is to choose a bride. The union is important in order to stop a war among two different groups of people. When Ash is forced to flee the ball, she leaves behind a shoe which the Tenth Doctor retrieves. It's at this point in the story when you realize that this story is a court intrigue story with the Cinderella story at the heart.



It's not that weaving fairy tales into Doctor Who can't work. I think the problem is there weren't many characters I cared about. Sure, the Bog People have a plight and it would seem tragic, but I just found myself reading it to finish it. I have a hard time recommending this to any but the die hard collect everything Doctor Who fan.



I was given a review copy of this ebook by Random House UK, Ebury Publishing, and Netgalley in exchage for an honest review. Thank you for allowing me to review this book.





via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://ift.tt/1jMBj66

No comments:

Post a Comment