Friday, August 30, 2013

The Storyteller

The Storyteller

author: Katie Cook

name: Wayne

average rating: 3.86

book published: 2011

rating: 4

read at: 2013/08/30

date added: 2013/08/30

shelves: graphic-novels

review:

I've always loved fables and fairytales, and I loved the way the Jim Henson company did them right with The Storyteller series. Now a new graphic novel from the Jim Henson Company and Archaia Entertainment give us 9 new stories to be told at the fire by the storyteller and his dog.



Most of the stories are a few pages long, but the volume concludes with an adaptation of an unproduced Storyteller teleplay written by Anthony Minghella. There are stories from all over the world. Some are familiar, some are less so.



My favorite part about this book is every story is done by a different team of writers and artists and all the art is different. It reminds me of a favorite storybook I had when I was young with different illustrations for each story. Tying it together is some wonderful script/callgraphy writing by Rus Wooton. It's a fun issue, and now I'll have to dig out my dvd of the series and watch them all over again.





via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/634556058?utm_medium=api&utm_source=rss

No comments:

Post a Comment