Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1)

The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1)

author: Frank Beddor

name: Wayne

average rating: 3.95

book published: 2006

rating: 2

read at: 2013/07/13

date added: 2013/07/13

shelves:

review:

A retelling of Alice In Wonderland that works in some ways, and doesn't work in others. There are some interesting characters, but when it was all said and done, I was underwhelmed. Maybe because this has been done in other places in ways I've enjoyed more.



I liked the Royal bodyguard Hatter Madigan, General Doppelganger and Cat the assassin, but the rest of it just left me flat. Maybe I like my alternate Alice to be a bit edgier than she was here. Perhaps in later books she becomes that, but I'm not sure I'll read more in the series.





via Wayne's bookshelf: read http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/120544236?utm_medium=api&utm_source=rss

No comments:

Post a Comment